Whispering City Of Q
[WHCQ]
Welcome To the Forum of Whispering City Of Q guild from Guild Wars.
Feel free to take a look at our forum and drop us a line if you wont to join.
Whispering City Of Q
[WHCQ]
Welcome To the Forum of Whispering City Of Q guild from Guild Wars.
Feel free to take a look at our forum and drop us a line if you wont to join.
Whispering City Of Q
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Wars forum for Whispering City Of Q

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Start doing PvP! :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rix Raw
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
Rix Raw

Main Profesion : Warrior

Start doing PvP! :) Empty
PostSubject: Start doing PvP! :)   Start doing PvP! :) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:02 am

Since few of you have already shown interest in PvP, I suggest we have a guild event dedicated for it, to see where we stand. I suggest the 6th of this month, which is this Friday.

As some old folks said - or, well... sang -

"It takes a second to wreck it,
it takes time to build,
you gots to chill!"

PvP takes time, often more time than setting up for high end PvE. Since we don't seem to have a build we run in GvG or HA, the best idea is to have everyone develop their own builds and then share it and fine tune it with the others. TA (Team Arena) would be a great place to start this, but since it no longer exists we have to settle for CA, which also has its ups. In CA, you'll get to know skills you would normally not look at, without actually having to unlock them. It definitely improves your build building (haha) skills as well.

Once everyone has gained some experience in battling other players and coming up with builds they can move on to Random Arena and we may start sacrificing our guild rank and rating with GvG battles and have the occasional attempt to take the Hall of Heroes in Heroes' Ascent.

The main difference between Guild Versus Guild battles and Heroes' Ascent is that while they both need runners, GvGs need a dedicated flag runner, while HA only requires a few people to have speed boosts and what's more important, we need a splitable team for GvG, not necessarily 4-4 though. Before we jump into doing these, we might want to take a tour through ALL the guild halls. Long and boring, yes.

That's my introduction to PvP, more on split teams next time and I ask you all to post replies and tell me whether the 6th of this Month is good for you (I'm thinking late hours) or not, plus recommendations, build ideas are welcome too. I do have my own, well, the sidelines of a build - because yeah, I think we should come up with our own. Would also like you all to post what professions you are able to play (free spot for PvP char, unlocked skills, items, etc).
Back to top Go down
Rix Raw
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
Rix Raw

PostSubject: CA weekend   Start doing PvP! :) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 2:20 am

Codex Arena this weekend! Double honour points as well as double Balthazar faction points - good to get those unlocks you're still missing. Hope to see you there!
Back to top Go down
Overs
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent

PostSubject: Re: Start doing PvP! :)   Start doing PvP! :) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:35 am

i'd be up for it on the 6th.

heads up on my skill unlocks

a bunch from proph not sure how many total. but i think at least all the ele xD
all factions all nightfall, a few from eotn.

i has a pvp char slot aswell so i can run most things where needed and with practice
Back to top Go down
Rix Raw
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
Rix Raw

PostSubject: HA weekend   Start doing PvP! :) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:14 am

Experience high end pvp - no need to overthink this. I do plan to get a stronger group together at some point but would be happy to have a few BYOB (Bring Your Own Build) attempts. Hoping for more interest than with Codex Arena weekend!
Back to top Go down
Animosity
Agent
Agent
Animosity

PostSubject: Re: Start doing PvP! :)   Start doing PvP! :) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 9:07 pm

As always, I want to do PvP over anything else. Alas its too difficult to find dedicated, rational people to commit to such a thing. Patience is running out, time here is limited.
Back to top Go down
Rix Raw
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
Rix Raw

PostSubject: Re: Start doing PvP! :)   Start doing PvP! :) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:30 am

I made 2 fame this week. 1089 to go!
Back to top Go down
whisper
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
whisper

PostSubject: Re: Start doing PvP! :)   Start doing PvP! :) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 4:09 am

hopefully we can find some dedicated pvp guys in our new alliance animosity
Back to top Go down
Animosity
Agent
Agent
Animosity

PostSubject: Re: Start doing PvP! :)   Start doing PvP! :) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 5:01 am

Hopefully, though doubtful, made some enquiries and they basically questioned me as if I am half witted by even mentioning PvP. My brief experience with them is that they only do UW
Back to top Go down
Rix Raw
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
Rix Raw

PostSubject: Re: Start doing PvP! :)   Start doing PvP! :) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 6:56 am

Well, whether they do pvp or not, they seem like a fine bunch (I don't think it gets much better as far as Guild Wars players go, I'm one of a kind). However, when visiting one of the halls, they pwnzored us with zaishen emotes and while I realise that can be bought, I have faith that they actually worked for it Yeah. I owned them back with my nearly tiger wolf, in case you were wondering.

I rule.
Back to top Go down
Animosity
Agent
Agent
Animosity

PostSubject: Re: Start doing PvP! :)   Start doing PvP! :) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 11:39 pm

Not that im anything great in pvp anyway, If you should get something up and running, ill commit to it, as much as i can. Taking into account work, +11 hrs GMT, and other general daily life encroachments on my gaming time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Start doing PvP! :)   Start doing PvP! :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Start doing PvP! :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whispering City Of Q :: Guild Work :: Player vs Player-
Jump to: