Whispering City Of Q
[WHCQ]
Welcome To the Forum of Whispering City Of Q guild from Guild Wars.
Feel free to take a look at our forum and drop us a line if you wont to join.
Whispering City Of Q
[WHCQ]
Welcome To the Forum of Whispering City Of Q guild from Guild Wars.
Feel free to take a look at our forum and drop us a line if you wont to join.
Whispering City Of Q
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Wars forum for Whispering City Of Q

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The ultimate team.

Go down 
+3
Elaia Stormswift
Overs
Rix Raw
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rix Raw
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
Rix Raw

Main Profesion : Warrior

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: The ultimate team.   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:45 am

Hello! I'm Rix Raw, you might know me from such great gaming titles as Guild Wars and.. erm...

First of all, I'm not sure I posted this in the right place, but didn't find a thread for it, so admin, please move if you see fit!

I have an idea, it's to gather 6-8 people and start new characters that would form a balanced team. These 6-8 toons would only be played when all the players are around, focusing on doing all the quests and missions, not dying while doing so.

What's the point? It iz gud fun, ja? Apart from that? We'll have a strong team, the members of which are used to each other and can march through all the campaigns, collecting titles and achivements on the way easily. And also to show off, maxing out as many non account based titles without dying as possible.

If there are enough takers, I say we start from Prophecies, even though it has the most limited choice of professions, but we could also start seperately and meet up somewhere in the game and play together from then on. How would that go? Teams of 2 then teams of 3 or 4 until we reach the 6 member area where we could go 3+hench and 3+hench or as a full team if there's only 6 of us.

We would need at least 2 or 3 monks and I'm pretty sure we can sort out the rest no matter what classes people roll. I'm willing to be one of the monks, protection prayers one if possible, but heal or hybrid too if someone else wants to prot.

So yeah, hope some of you will be up for it, but I do ask that only people who can and want to spend a few hours a week, but more if possible on this.
Back to top Go down
Overs
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate team.   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:22 pm

honestly, i understand the 2-3 monks and i think the idea is pretty sweet and stuff. however i dnt like the start in prophs. its a poop area to start in and i dnt wanna start there xD however a Rt would pwn in that sort of grouping low level spirit spam, plus its a 4man thing from the off in factions. so if we could get 8 ppl then thats 2 teams of 4 straight away.

also what happens if 1 person dies? do they have to start again and wait on you guys dying or would every1 wait and help that guy through again?
Back to top Go down
Rix Raw
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
Rix Raw

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate team.   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Well, if one person dies we'll be like "lol noob". Unless it's me, cause then it will be "Damn, Rix... please stop crying, that's pathetic, try and act like an adult!" and I shall say "No! YOU ARE STUPID!"

Yeah well, Factions chars get access to LA quite quickly, we could also team up there.
Back to top Go down
Rix Raw
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
Rix Raw

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: The crew so far.   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 1:14 am

So we seem to have an Elementalist (Aria), a Necro (Whisper), a Mesmer (Overs) and a Monk (myself) so far. Would offer Aquel (Warrior) to come, but I'm sure he'd like to play a lot more than we would in this team, since he's new to the came and only has one character. Would be nice to get more people! Smile
Back to top Go down
Elaia Stormswift
Agent
Agent
Elaia Stormswift

Main Profesion : Elementalist

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate team.   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:49 am

I have a quite new char to this game about lvl 5 or so. So I'll gladly join, but it's not necessary to wait for me when you want to get further and I'm not on. So call if you need a young mesmer at any time Smile
Back to top Go down
Sharwyn
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
Sharwyn

Main Profesion : Necromancer (also: Mo, Me, E, W, A, Rt, R)

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: + Warrior   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 4:00 am

Rix Raw wrote:
So we seem to have an Elementalist (Aria), a Necro (Whisper), a Mesmer (Overs) and a Monk (myself) so far. Would offer Aquel (Warrior) to come, but I'm sure he'd like to play a lot more than we would in this team, since he's new to the came and only has one character. Would be nice to get more people! Smile

We've already discussed it in the game, but just for the record: I joined as a Warrior (Sharwyn).
Back to top Go down
dravek
Covert Agent
Covert Agent
dravek

Main Profesion : Dervish

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate team.   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:25 pm

I'd be up for that when I'm online. If we're wanting new characters, I was planning to make my next character a sin, would that be any good? (to start with I'd probably be a bit rubbish cause I haven't had a sin before Smile )
Back to top Go down
Elaia Stormswift
Agent
Agent
Elaia Stormswift

Main Profesion : Elementalist

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate team.   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:40 pm

I'm sorry. I've made a mistake. I have a lvl 1 necro in proph. (The mesmer was from factions) I hope it wont turn out to be a problem. lol!
Back to top Go down
Rix Raw
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
Rix Raw

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate team.   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 2:24 pm

Sure, Necro is fine as well or you can roll whatever you want and can in Prophecies as I think I am the only who is ready to leave Pre Searing, so you should have enough time.

Dravek, sadly you can't start an assassin in Prophecies, but you could start one in Factions and team up with as as soon you can travel to other continents.
Back to top Go down
dravek
Covert Agent
Covert Agent
dravek

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate team.   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:26 pm

Ah sorry, didn't see the starting in Prophecies bit Smile
Well in that case, I'd like to make a Ranger, cause I haven't made one of those before either Smile
Back to top Go down
Sharwyn
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
Sharwyn

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Voice chat   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 2:57 am

Hello,

Now that we're after pre, e.g. for harder missions it would be cool to have some form of voice chat. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Rix Raw
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
Rix Raw

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Ventrilo   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 3:57 am

I don't think it's necessary, but my voice communication seems to work fine, so it's okay with me.

I can get us a channel on a Ventrilo server, but that one needs us to have a dated client, will check which one exactly.

Also, a friend of mine may be able to get us one that actually runs the latest Ventrilo server (so obviously works with the lastest client). However that is the server of one of his old guilds.

Would be nice if someone had a better solution the two posted by me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sharwyn
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
Sharwyn

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate team.   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 4:50 am

Rix Raw wrote:
I don't think it's necessary, but my voice communication seems to work fine, so it's okay with me.

Would be nice if someone had a better solution the two posted by me. Smile

I have both Ventrillo clients. I can arrange for a server with the new Ventrillo installed if that's better.
Back to top Go down
dravek
Covert Agent
Covert Agent
dravek

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate team.   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 10:28 am

I can't speak from experience, but I've heard that Ventrilo can give people a lot of lag, and tbh my comp's pretty laggy already at times... is it absolutely necessary?
Back to top Go down
Sharwyn
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
Sharwyn

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate team.   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 3:31 am

dravek wrote:
I can't speak from experience, but I've heard that Ventrilo can give people a lot of lag, and tbh my comp's pretty laggy already at times... is it absolutely necessary?

Of course not, just an idea.
Back to top Go down
EmmaDarknessFlame
Mysterious Agent
Mysterious Agent
EmmaDarknessFlame

Main Profesion : Mesmer

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate team.   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:35 am

No 1 in the guild should be forced to have Ventrilo as for 1 there is no point in me getting it because am a mute!

this guild dose not say you have to have it if anything it would be optionl like Xfire is optional to the guild!
Back to top Go down
https://whcq.darkbb.com
Rix Raw
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
Rix Raw

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate team.   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:09 am

Agreed. I'll gladly use it and log in if anyone else does, but I don't think it's necessary for (low end) PvE.
Back to top Go down
Sharwyn
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
Sharwyn

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate team.   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:05 am

Rix Raw wrote:
Agreed. I'll gladly use it and log in if anyone else does, but I don't think it's necessary for (low end) PvE.

Low-end? You must be kidding. Nothing with the Ultimate Team involved is low-end. :-)

Emma, of course, no one forces voice chat. Nothing is further from my intentions than forcing people.
Back to top Go down
Rix Raw
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
Rix Raw

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate team.   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:26 am

Didn't seem like it was forced to me and as said numerous times before, if you got a server, I can get on it wheneve we do something.
Back to top Go down
EmmaDarknessFlame
Mysterious Agent
Mysterious Agent
EmmaDarknessFlame

Main Profesion : Mesmer

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate team.   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:04 pm

i never said you said that i was just making it clear for everyone
cause like my brother he tuck it the wroung way and thought it said he would have to get it lol
Back to top Go down
https://whcq.darkbb.com
Rix Raw
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
Rix Raw

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Surviving a Charr invasion, facing the undead, fighting demons, slaying all!   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 1:49 am

A guide to surviving in Tyria, Cantha and Elona - tips for survivors!

The Ultimate Deam (referred to as the Dream Team) had a major loss last night when one of our members, Aria's (repulsive) elementalist has fallen. She suggested we agree on some common signs and warnings and tips for everyone:

• Move together loosely! Melee first, casters and ranged attackers second, monks barely in the cast range of mellee. Don't stand too close to each other! If someone's targeted by an area attack, while others are near, it may give the monks - and all of us - a hard time. Healing one person up is one thing, healing a whole party is another. When the group moves, you move. You may stay behind to finish a cast, heal a pet, raise a minion, etc...
  • When someone pings the map, you cancel that spell, stop anything you're doing and fall back with the others. Never stay behind.
  • Lure! We're not level 20s with overpowered builds and a group of necro or ritualist heroes that make us invincible, we need to seperate stronger groups, especially if they have 3-4 monks.
  • If you're stuck and see no hope for survival, map to the Guild Hall! Quitting the game often leaves your character in for a few seconds and mapping elsewhere is slightly more complicated. Just bring up your guild screen, click on "Guild Hall" and choose yes (agreeing to leave your party behind).

I'm hoping we will avoid further deaths as well as the use of the final technique, but I'd rather you do that instead of dying.
Back to top Go down
Riku Thebloodrinker
Agent
Agent
Riku Thebloodrinker

Main Profesion : Necromancer

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate team.   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 4:16 am

It was horrible. Dolyaks will hunt me in my sleep. Hex remove. Hex remove. NOOOO!

Im Riku the team's mesmer.
Back to top Go down
Rix Raw
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
Rix Raw

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate team.   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 4:38 am

Riku Thebloodrinker wrote:
It was horrible. Dolyaks will hunt me in my sleep. Hex remove. Hex remove. NOOOO!

Im Riku the team's mesmer.

Yes, at one point I thought I was going to be the one going down, shielding hands on someone else, guardian charging and a bunch of dwarves plummering me while I was already at 1/4hp, Alesia licking snow. Managed to run off, then I noticed that little green dot, Aria still being among the dwarves, out of cast range, didn't make it there in time with that RoF. Oh well, will help her run her new char - which will hopefully be a female elementalist (or anything) instead - run through the missions and catch up to us.
Back to top Go down
Rix Raw
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
Rix Raw

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate team.   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:50 am

Okay, my survivor just died too. Wanted to get max armour and lagged on the way to Elona. Very disappointed. :/
Back to top Go down
Rix Raw
Stealth Agent
Stealth Agent
Rix Raw

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: The survivors are saved!   The ultimate team. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:31 pm

Those members of the "Ultimate Team" who have not died yet, will get some help. I shall join in with my Survivor Ritualist, got him up to Beacon's Perch now. He's lvl 20, a powerful spirit spammer with heroes. So yeah, rejoice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The ultimate team. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate team.   The ultimate team. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The ultimate team.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next